Donald Trump ready to reopen the border for Europeans
- Donald Trump changes your vis-à-vis Europe! On March 13, 2020, the US President blocked access to European tourists on March 13 2020, to contain the coronavirus and then extended the ban until further notice. At a press conference on May 27, 2020, Donald Trump announced reopening is in sight for European tourists.
- “We will make several announcements about different countries, including Europe,” said the President. “Where there is progress, we will start to reopen, but only if they make progress,” added Donald Trump. However, no date has been announced for the next announcements.
- Here below, in the video, the announcement of Donald Trump, relayed by the British daily newspaper The Telegraph.
… But European governments remain cautious
- If Donald Trump wants to be optimistic, European governments are much more cautious. French Prime Minister Édouard Philippe announced, on May 28, 2020, the transition to phase 2 of deconfinement. If several restrictions are lifted, the external borders of the European Union will remain closed until at least June 15, 2020.
- What will happen after June 15, 2020? Will it be possible to go to the United States in July? Édouard Philippe announced that “decisions have yet to be taken”, in concert with other European governments. Again, the decision will depend on the health situation around the world. The evolution of the coronavirus in the United States is still worrying: the country has just passed the 100,000 marks, and the epidemic is progressing in many states.
- The fact remains that on May 5, 2020, French President Emmanuel Macron said that travel outside Europe should not be expected this summer. Management resumed on May 24, 2020, on France Inter by Elisabeth Borne, the minister of ecological and solidarity transition: “We have said very clearly to the French, that today we have to organize our holidays in France “, she said,” We do not invite the French to consider holidays abroad”. “So this year, it will be the idea of spending a vacation in France,” insisted the minister.
- Below is his statement at the microphone of France Inter May 24, 2020:
@elisabeth_borne : “We have said very clearly to the French that today, you have to organize your vacation in France. The French are not invited to consider holidays abroad. ” #QuestionsPol pic.twitter.com/vfSA1J8HhR
– France Inter (@franceinter) May 24, 2020