Chaotic, stuffy, unstable, but also so welcoming and warm, Bangkok, the Thai capital, is one of those cities that leaves no one indifferent . From peaceful temples to bustling markets, eDreams has selected 25 things to do to make the most of your trip to Thailand .
And if despite all our advice you do not fall in love with Bangkok , you can always fall back on the South of the country and its beaches among the most beautiful in the world !
1. Enjoy a delicious Pad Thai at Thip Samai (313 Th Maha Chai | Banglamphu), the Pad Thai temple in Bangkok.
2. Attend a Thai boxing match (Muay Thai) at the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium.
3. Discover the royal residence , the throne room and the temple of the Emerald Buddha at the Grand Palace .
4. Treat yourself to an exceptional Thai massage in the expert hands of blind therapists from the Bangkok Blind People Employment Foundation (2218/86 Chan Road, Chongnontri Yannawa).
5. Visit Wat Pho , the cradle of the Thai massage tradition, and its superb reclining Buddha.
6. Buy juicy exotic fruits at the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and discover the traditional trade in boats.
7. Immerse yourself in the buzzing atmosphere of the famous Khao San Road , a veritable landmark for travelers from all over the world in Bangkok.
8. Take a leap in history on the Kwai River Bridge in Kanchanaburi .
9. Let yourself be carried away by the waves during a cruise in Mekhala (old rice barges) on the Chao Phraya river .
10. Mingle with young Bangkokians in the countless shopping centers of the capital.
11. Take a walk in the green lung alleys of Bangkok, Lumphini Park .
12. Spend thousands of Bahts at the weekend market of Chattuchak , the largest market in Thailand (open Friday from 6 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
13. Have a drink on the superb terrace of the Vertigo at the Banyan Tree Hotel and enjoy the panorama of the city.
14. Discover the street food of vibrant Chinatown in Bangkok and fly to China in a few bites.
15. Walk in the footsteps of King Rama V at the Vimanmek Residence.
16. Cultivate at the National Museum in Bangkok and discover the history of Thailand, its culture and traditions.
17. Get drunk on delicious scents at Thewet flower market .
18. Admire the beauty of traditional Thai architecture at the Jim Thomson House .
19. Rave about the kinaries (female birds) of the roofs of Wat Arun , the Temple of Dawn.
20. Climb aboard a Tuk tuk , the most Thai of all means of transport, and discover the fast-paced pace of the city’s streets.
21. Get wet during Songkran , the Thai New Year.
22. Buy natural silk in one of the many craft factories in Bangkok.
23. Let yourself be carried away by the enchanting rhythms of traditional Thai dances .
24. Learn a few words of Thai to be able to chat with the locals.
25. End the day with a detour to Nana Plaza , the red light district of Bangkok.