Just by evoking Bali, “the island of the Gods”, our spirit flies to the rice terraces and the temples with magnetic charm so emblematic of the island. The smallest island in the Indonesian archipelago, Bali is also the most popular with tourists. And for good reason… Sport, well-being, gastronomy, culture and celebration, the options are extremely numerous to spend an unforgettable stay in a dream setting.
To not miss anything of beautiful Bali, here are the top 25 things to do in Bali tested and approved by eDreams!
Welcome to Bali!
1. Climb the Batur volcano and observe the sunrise from its summit.
Source: Flickr (by exilism)
2. Visit a coffee plantation and discover kopi luwak, a very famous coffee, harvested from the excrement of a small animal called “Luwak”.
Source: Flickr (by Sarah_Ackerman)
3. Eat a Nasi Campur in a traditional Warung.
Source: Flickr (by Herman Saksono)
4. Take a yoga class in Ubud and fall back into the mood of “Eat, pray, love” by Elizabeth Gilbert.
Source: Flickr (by Rae Woelandari)
5. Dream in the rice terraces of Jatiluwih…
Source: Flickr (by Stéphane DAMOUR)
6. Discover the underwater life between Amed and Tulamben.
Source: Flickr (by divemecressi)
7. Attend a traditional ceremony in the superb Pura Besakih temple.
Source: Flickr (by Just Call Me Mo)
8. Follow the ritual in the sacred sources of Tirta Empul in Tampaksiring and make a wish!
Source: Flickr (by Adam Lai)
9. Take a surf lesson on the Bukit Peninsula, a little corner of paradise adored by surfers.
Source: Flickr (by HollyEma☮)
10. Watch the dolphins off Lovina, in the far north of the island.
Source: Flickr (by Boring Lovechild)
11. Take an excursion to the Gili Islands archipelago and observe sea turtles.
Source: Flickr (by Ben Ashmole)
12. Stock up on gifts and “craft” objects at the Ubud market.
Source: Flickr (by a sun)
13. Watch the sunset over the Tanah Lot temple.
Source: Flickr (by Dennis Stauffer)
14. Visit the elephant cave or “Goa Gadja” near Ubud.
Source: Flickr (by Klaus Stiefel)
15. Treat yourself to a Balinese massage with frangipani oil.
Source: Flickr (by Roderick Eime)
16. Attend a show of Legong, the traditional Balinese dance, at the Royal Palace of Ubud.
Source: Flickr (by Jorge Dalmau)
17. Taste freshly caught seafood and fish in Jimbaran.
Source: Flickr (by Ting Cheng)
18. Put on your mask and snorkel for a snorkelling session on the small neighboring island of Nusa Lembongan.
Source: Flickr (by stef bemba)
19. Listen to the gamelans of the Royal Gamelan Orchestra in Ubud.
Source: Flickr (by the justified sinner)
20. Walk between the remains of the Gegel dynasty in Klungkung.
Source: Flickr (by Bertrand Duperrin)
21. Sip a glass of Arak Madu, local alcohol with lime, honey and water, at dusk.
Source: Flickr (by Mike Haller)
22. Visit the superb palace on the waters of Tirtagangga.
Source: Flickr (by Johan Wieland)
23. Meet the charming inhabitants of the Ubud monkey forest.
Source: Flickr (by Hadi Zaher)
24. Take a Balinese cooking class at Peacock Bali, Ubud, and learn all the secrets of satay sauce, tempé and Balinese pancakes.
Source: Flickr (by Debbs)
25. Attend the Sanur Kite Festival, a very popular event on the island for which the locals prepare for months and months.
Source: Flickr (by John Hartnup)